Saturday, January 9, 2010

Dai Shocker OTK (42)


This is basically one of my deck that I recently build. In his final post, Rauzes stated that most people would not show case their main deck as its the deck most important to them. Well, I'm here to prove to him that his ... ABSOLUTELY RIGHT! As this is not my Main deck but one of my secondary decks.

I know what are you thinking. Why the damn KR reference? I dunno. This is just what I do.

Well, I build this deck the day before I went to Singapore with the feeling that can be best describe with a quote I like very much.

"If this works! I'll Believe in God .... Oh yeah!! I believe in God now!! " ~ Garrod Ran , Gundam X episode 1.

I got this idea from one of Neuxcharge's earlier video. I never knew you can do this before I saw the video, guess I need to learn more about rulings.

opps!! Too much crap!! lets just go on to the deck!!

monster (23):

3x Jinzo // 改造人間 大ショッカー
3x Jinzo Returner
3x Tragodia
2x Caius The Shadow Monarch
2x Level Eater
2x D HERO Malicious
2x Mystic Tomato
2x Deep Sea Diva
1x Plague Spreader Zombie
1x Dark Armed Dragon
1x Cyber Dragon
1x Treeborn Frog

spells (13):

3x Pot of Avarice
2x Foolish Burial
2x Allure of Darkness
1x Future Fusion
1x Brain Control
1x Mind Control
1x Heavy Storm
1x Giant Turnade
1x MST

traps (6):

2x Bottomless Traphole
1x Mirror Force
1x Torrential Tribute
1x Raigeki Break
1x Solemn Judgment

Extra (15):

1x Chimeratech OverDragon
1x E HERO Absolute Zero
1x Mist Wurm
2x Stardust Dragon
1x Dark End Dragon
1x Red Daemon's Dragon
1x Collosole Fighter
1x Black Rose Dragon
1x Ancient Fairy Dragon
1x Goyo Guardian
1x Bronaic the Dragon of Ice Barrier
1x C. Dragon
2x AOJ Catastor

Side :

3x Kycoo the Ghost Destroyer (Against almost anything in the META)
3x Breaker The Magical Warrior (Against AntiMETA and Dimension EATOS)
3x Prohibition (Against almost anything in the META)
3x Twister (Against AntiMETA and Dimension EATOS)
3x Dust Tornado (Against AntiMETA and Dimension EATOS)

why almost everything in the side deck are cards against Dimension EATOS ? If your asking, then you have not faced one right?

Playstyle :

This deck plays like a Monarch deck, but it runs Jinzo instead. Why Jinzo over normal Monarch? Because he is a classic and you will have the Force with you if you play him(*May the Force be with Us*) ... Nah, just kidding.

Its because Future Fusion + Jinzo Returner x3 + any monster above 800 attack = OTK.

Since its build like a Monarch deck, I suppose you guys have no problem understanding how the deck is played.

One thing is Future Fusion = 3 Jinzo + Deep Sea Diva and Plague = 3 Lv 8 syncro monsters. With Treeborn Frog, its almost certain an OTK due to Mist Wurm.

Key Cards :

Tragodia :

One of your 2 OTK supports. Tragodia can complete turn the tides of the duel if played right. A combo I usually use is to have Level Eater jump out of the grave then have Trag-kun copy Jinzo's level, then Syncro into Mist Wurm, Clearing the field. The same also can be used to summon Black Rose.

That and the ability to stop OTKs make Trag-kun a very important asset in the deck, it also speeds up the deck by dumping cards for Pot of Avarice.

Deep Sea Diva

Why waste your Jinzo when you can tune them into 2 Lv 8's? I personally prefer this over the Teleport engine cause you need to waste one extra space for E-Tele, and its a bot slower than this.

Dark Armed Dragon :

Needless to explain what he does. But with Jinzo out, there is virtually no way of stopping this beast. The OTK only needs 2 cards, him and Future Fusion. Why?

Future Fusion = 3 Jinzo Returner in the Grave and 3 Jinzo on the field = 7200 damage. That and DAD will give you a grand total of 10000 damage.


The only thing that can save your opponent are what? Battle Fader, Gorz and Trag-kun? Why the hell I don't run Gold Sarcophagus to increase the chances of OTK? well, Problem is that I don't have one.

Pot of Avarice :

Future Fusion is the only way to OTK in the deck, so drawing Cyber Dragon too early is no good for the duel. So, just sync into Black Rose or something to send Cyber Dragon back with this. Just don't draw into it again (I tend to do that...). This is also a great way to manipulate your grave for Dark Armed and Reuse your Trag-kun and Deep Sea Diva.

Future Fusion

Needless to say, your OTK card (I can't believe I just said that). If you already have Cyber Dragon in hand or on the field, you could always use it for summoning ZERO, but I personally rather wait for Pot of Avarice, but just in case the duel is getting ugly...

Mist Wurm

This is a very important card here as it increase your chances of OTK and may end up wasting your opponent's Solemn or something. With Treeborn and Level Eater, this card is very easy to summon, but it will leave a very deep impact on your opponent.

...

For Gs02, the one card I really wish to be in the set is none other than Dark Armed Dragon. Why? we can't have a boss class monster as a rare can we?

No comments: