Wednesday, April 21, 2010
RED EYES WYVERN
Everyone knows that this is an expensive card in the OCG and that its not that powerful on its own(being shit without Red Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon). But this is almost a staple in Dragon decks that have Red Eyes Darkness Metal (then again, I don't see any dragon based deck that doesn't run it, unless it has another win condition aside from swarming).
Why am I bringing up this card? Well, I check Shriek's OCG site regarding the new SD Dragunity Drive and it has been confirm that Red Eyes Wyvern is in it. Why is it in there ?
1. Just the usual trend of recent SD, a bunch of new cards + a bunch of useless reprints + reprints of Hard-To-Get cards.
2. Being a Dragon//Wind based deck and it being a Wind Dragon.
3. Red Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon is in it ...
Personally, I wish the 3rd one is true. Its not like it can't all be true but please include my 3rd hypothesis.
Dragunity Arms - Laevatein
The new cover card//boss monster from Dragunity Drive.
This card is nothing less than amazing. I mean, it could be more amazing than Machiners Fortress. With the right cards. Not to mention it looks epic.
Dragunity Arms - Laevatein - wind/dragon/lv8/2600/1200
You can Special Summon this card from your or Graveyard by removing from play 1 face-up monster you control equipped with a "Dragunity" card. When this card is or Special Summoned, you can select 1 Dragon-Type monster in your other than "Dragunity Arms Laevatein", and equip to this card treated as an Equip Spell Card. When this card would be sent to the Graveyard by an opponent's card effect, you can Special Summon 1 monster treated as an Equip Spell Card that is equipped to this card.
Anyone but me and Lam thinks that this card is freaking amazing (3 deck for sure)?
Effect break down :
1. You can Special Summon this card from your or Graveyard by removing from play 1 face-up monster you control equipped with a "Dragunity" card.
- An easy Special Summon method for a boss monster. I like the fact that it CAN be normal summon or set. While its easy to summon on its own, I'll most probably Special Summon him with other cards.
2. When this card is or Special Summoned, you can select 1 Dragon-Type monster in your other than "Dragunity Arms Laevatein", and equip to this card treated as an Equip Spell Card.
- A Dragunity effect, standard. But this includes when he is Special Summon, so its good. But what if he equips a certain dragon to himself?
3. When this card would be sent to the Graveyard by an opponent's card effect, you can Special Summon 1 monster treated as an Equip Spell Card that is equipped to this card.
- Again, another powerful effect. Whats with Konami and making powerful bosses? Equip Darkness Metal to it and look at your opponents face.
All and all this is an awesome card. But what makes it awesome (as most of you pros know it) is Light and Darkness Dragon.
Hand on!! LaDD can't be special summon so it can't jump out if the boss is destroyed. True, but thats not what we're after isn't it.
Freaking amazing God-like Dragunity Arms Lavaetein combo :
1. Summon//Sp Summon Lavaetein, equips the now-in-grave (somehow) LaDD.
2. Attacks and get killed.
3. LaDD is destroyed when the monster it is equip to is destroyed (like any other equip spells)
4. LaDD's effect activates and bring back Lavaetein which re-equips LaDD when it is Sp Summonback onto the field.
5. Repeats process 2 to 4 again and again...
This again is another SD boss monster like Machiners Fortress that you would wanna waste Dimensional Prison on.
Wait!! What if this card is used in Hopeless Dragon(that runs D.D.R)!?
LV8? Trade-In maybe? Oh! LaDD is LV8 as well, guess we found a staple.
In Blue Eyes decks where it equips Ultimate Dragon to itself?
I think Konami has AGAIN brought another MONSTER into the game.
anyone has this?