Thursday, June 10, 2010

To FTK or not to FTK? That is NOT the question!!

Hello ~ (in Indian style). Finally, I completed my FTK deck that I've been working on for 3 weeks.

Results ? In 27 duels/playtest/self-touching sessions (until 5 minutes ago), 13 times FTK. The rest are turn 2 kills, you can call it OTK I guess (but I tend not to). Its either I'm 1 step closer to Baha or 1 step closer to being a Luck sack!

For those of you who faced me at Sungei Wang last Saturday, sorry, but my deck looks VERY VERY different now. So, PLEASE continue reading, don't just go "meh, I've seen it. Bye!!"

*drum role*

monsters(11):

1x Morphing Jar
3x AD Changer
3x Jain, Lightsworn Paladin
1x Garoth, Lightsworn Warrior
1x Sangan
2x Giant Rat

spells(26):

3x Into the Void
3x Upstart Goblin
3x Solar Recharge
3x Hand Destruction
3x Book of Eclipses
2x Magic Stone Excavation
1x Charge of the Light Brigade
1x Reinforcement of the Army
1x Magical Mallet
1x Card Destruction
1x Foolish Burial
1x A Feather of the Phoenix
1x Book of Moon
1x Book of Taiyou
1x Monster Reincarnation

traps(3):
1x Magical Explosion
2x Blast of the Ruins

Obviously, you know how this deck works. Of cause, this is just how MY version looks like, and some techs (ie, magical mallet and monster reincarnation) are just my personal preference, which may or may not work for you.

Why Giant Rats ?

This assures you get your kill at least turn 2. While I don't usually draw into him when I need him (only once or twice I think...), this deck tends to get rid of dead cards really easily, so, since it can help and is never a bad draw ... why not?

...

If you activated 3 of the Upstarts, you'll have to get almost all but 1 spell into the grave or ... you lose. So, don't just set everything you got. Its pretty dangerous.

...

The 4th Lightsworn work very well, I was running 3, but since Soliel said that its more balanced, I gave it a try. It works very good. KUDO's to him. And the 3rd Hand Destruction was his suggestion as well.

...

I may try changing the 2nd Giant Rat for another Feather of the Phoenix, but since I don't have another copy, guess I'll have to pass.

...

After I play this deck for more than 200 times (only about 10 times where there is someone in front of me ... well, I don't think you'll need anyone to test play this deck). Came to realize 2 things:

1 . Why does people like STD decks SOOO Much ... Heck!! Its VERY Frickin' FUN (In a Way...)

2. Sam's quote : "I've Won ..." LOL!! Oh yeah!! And you don't get to do shit!!

...

This deck is easily noticed as the mixture of Junk Blade and Empty Jar.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks great