Saturday, May 28, 2011

Koaki Meiru Exceed 2.0

After much decision making on my part, I've decided to turn the deck from beat down based to just straight up Junk Doppel Hate.

So, I made the deck into something that specialize in taking out syncro spam or rather special summon spam decks. That includes, Junk Doppel (before my opponent gets out Quaser and his lot), Samurai (if my opponent doesn't have Magatama or other options) and espeacially Plant variants (which they can just die).

I've decided to play 2 monsters that I've never considered before now (well, maybe when they first came out, but thats not my point).


These 2 are both rares from ANPR and are unique even among Koaki Meiru. They activate their effect in a pattern that is different from all other Kaoki Meiru, returning the Iron Core from your hand to your top deck.

This really really slows you down, a lot, or so I thought. And being too small to fight, I've never see them as cards I would play.

But, that was a mistake. Cause, while being SMALL and SLOW, they have very powerful effects, Tornado is a build in Special Hurricane (a very old card), and Hydro Barrier is a Skill Drain for none Koaki Meiru.

Trying to make this as antimeta-ish as possible, I tagged in a few antimeta favorites. Namely King Tiger Wanghu.

Lets move on to the deck, which I could proudly say, I proudly present!

monster (18):

3 Koaki Meiru Urknight
3 Koaki Meiru Boulder
3 Koaki Meiru Tornado
2 Koaki Meiru Hydro Barrier
1 Koaki Meiru Crusader
3 king Tiger Wanghu
1 BF Sirocco the Dawn
1 BF Gale the Whirlwind
1 Sangan

spell (11):

3 Iron Core of Koaki Meiru
2 Pot of Duality
2 Forbidden Lance
2 Mystic Space Typhoon
1 Book of Moon
1 Monster Reborn

trap (11):

3 Compulsory Evacuation Device
2 Icarus Attack
2 Solemn Warning
3 Iron Core Luster
1 Solemn Judgment

Maybe taking out Book of Moon for a Burden of Mighty? Cause this deck does have problem taking out Stardust and Burden does help the deck combined with Wanghu for the classic antimeta playstyle. Not sure thou.

Why the weird monster line up? I play the BFs just cause I wanna play Icarus Attack. Gale is antimeta in nature and Sirocco is a natural beatstick.

Problem with the deck is that you sorta CAN'T do anything before you get Iron Core to your hand, so I am still thinking how to put the 3rd Pot of Dualities in here.

Once you get Iron Core, you will have full access in just about everything.

Wanghu is wanghu. Its in here cause I don't want to let samurai or doppel to set up early. Its useless after they do their tricks thou. Well, no antimeta deck can take on a 1st turn Shi-En with 4 facedowns without a godlike hand, same goes to Quaser.

Side the Lances out for Chalice for plant and monarch match ups, cause you really dont want their monsters to do their tricks. And Stardust to negate Tornado.

Side in Gigantes for Samurai, BF or Gladial Beast? Maybe?

You can always go like,

1. Summon Urknight, reveal Core, Tornado
2. Return Core to top deck, blow your field, attack for 3500
3. "Place these 2 monsters into the Exceeds Network, Exceeds Summon, Enter the Fray, NO39. Aspiring Emperor Hope."
4. Set Luster so you would have a free Jugdment next turn (or now if you so happens to have 2 Iron Core).

Just so you notice, Hydro Barrier + Gale or Sangan or his clone = No17 Revise Dragon or Gurensaurus.

The deck concept is simplicity, no long and complicated combo, just playstyles that has been around since the dawn of games, and will still be here until eventual Armageddon.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

does dis work?i really wanna try low budget deck dat cud compete~

Valafar123 said...

Needs another PoD for consistency's sake.

Try Reckoned Power. Clears the back row in one shot.

GQ said...

yeah, definitely need the 3rd Pot. But I have no clue what to take out for it.

Reckoned Power is good, but I always draw into it in the wrong time. Just me maybe.