Sunday, December 26, 2010

26th December Malaysian Open Tourney Report

Its been so long since I post a tourney report, thats cause there aren't any tourney worth mentioning and participating, BUT the one today was a big one and obviously, alot of people will be there.

Deck played : X -Sabers

game 1 : vs Six Samurai

1st duel : He won the dice roll but luckily doesn't start with Gates, but he had a United and Kizan out. I play normally and manage to drop all his hand by turn 3 and proceed to rape him.

2nd duel : He starts with gate and ends up with Kizan, Kizan, Grand Master and 3 Sets. My turn, Cold Wave, Puppet Plant and Airbellum to Black Rose. I have Regi and Faultroll in my hand, but he pulled off a Shien and I was controlled instead. Loss this duel when he used Gate to pump Grand Master to attack over Brio and had Kizan and Kageki direct attack me.

3rd duel : I start, set 2 Warnings and Emmers. He activates gate and summons Kageki, I Warning. I get Airbellum out he flipped a BOM and I end. He tried to summon Kizan but the other Warning got it. I use Foolish and Regi to summon Faultroll to the field and proceed to strip everything off his hand with Gottomz. He sets a card with his gate still intact with 2 counters. His life was 3900, with Gottomz on the field, Giant Rat AND Fullhelm in my hand, I can end this, but I sense a Mirror Force, so I just declair an attack, I was right. Set the rat, he drew Avarice(WTF?), Mizuho and get Shinai to his hand, I flipped Gozen Match. He sets a facedown attack into the rat which got me faultroll via regi. I top a MST and its over (his facedown was just a bluff ... )

OXO

Holy Shitz! Beat a Samurai !! He was having shitty luck, and maining Gozen really helped.

match 2 : vs Agents

PS , I have no idea what Agents do and how they are played before this.

duel 1 : No clue what happened aside from Hyperion destroying my monsters before I could search.

duel 2 : Sided in Banisher and did slow him down a bit, until I found out Hyperion can be summon by removing the target from hand. Basically got bitch slap from here.

XX

ranking : top64 aka scrubbed.

Nick actually went all the way to top 8 losing only in the hands of Sung Lee after a bloody long match. Kudos for the man.

The placing was :

1st - Quikdraw Dandy - Sung Lee
2nd - Samurai - Ivan
3rd - Samurai - Khye
4th - Frog Monarch - Shin Tat

Top 8 :

Samurai - Michael , Machina Gadget - ???, BF - ???, and Odin - Nick, YES, Odin.

I got a lucky draw and got a free mat.

Overall, this was a great tourney and my deck was doing good, better than before if I may add. Only problem was my meta call, which I had completely neglected Agents, must not do that again.

deck list for those of you who cared :

monster (18):

3 XX-Saber Faultroll
3 XX-Saber Fulhelm Kight
3 XX-Saber Emmersblade
3 XX-Saber Regigura
2 X-Saber Airbellum
1 X-Saber Pashuul
3 Giant Rat

spell (11):

3 Book of Moon
2 Mystic Space Typhoon
1 Giant Turnade
1 Cold Wave
1 One for One
1 Foolish Burial
1 Monster Reborn
1 Dark Hole

trap (11):

3 Gottom's Emergency Call
3 Solemn Warning
2 Gozen Match
1 Mirror Force
1 Torrential Tribute
1 Solemn Judgment

Say what ever you want, this is the decklist that I came up with and I'm sticking to this for a while!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I am checking this blog using the phone and this appears to be kind of odd. Thought you'd wish to know. This is a great write-up nevertheless, did not mess that up.

- David