Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Saber update Sspt 2011 #1

1 week to EXP4 or should I say Darksoul, Boggard and Maxx C? I could care less bout the rarity of the 2 sabers, but I really want Maxx C to be a common, not rare. As I don't wanna waste RM20 on a rare, where as a common would meant it be RM5 tops.

Really wish people will think of sabers as trash and sell them Darksoul and Boggard for 20 or 30 a piece. I really don't wanna throw a huge amount of cash into a deck that probably will never see support again.

monster (19):

3 XX-saber Faultroll
3 XX-saber Darksoul
3 XX-saber Boggard Knight
2 XX-saber Emmersblade
2 XX-saber Fullhelmknight
2 X-saber Pashuul
1 X-saber Airbellum
1 XX-saber Regigura
1 Debris Dragon
1 Super Nimble Mega Hamster

spell (10):

2 Pot of Duality
2 Mystic Space Typhoon
2 Enemy Controller
1 Book of Moon
1 Dark Hole
1 Monster Reborn
1 Heavy Storm

trap (11):

2 Gottom's Emergency Call
2 Call of the Haunted
1 Mirror Force
1 Torrential Tribute
1 Trap Dustshoot
1 Dark Bribe
1 Solemn Judgment
2 Solemn Warning

I really don't like Starlight Road, thats why I have Dark Bribe instead. I was thinking Magic Drain, cause I normally leave my opponent handless, but considering I might need the negation before the sabers do their job, I chose Dark Bribe. AND, if the sabers are really gonna do their job, that card they just drew will end up ditched anyway.

Warning isn't that great this format, but Agents are a pain. Warning still serve as the number 1 answer to their plays. Its a bit more dangerous now playing Warning, but it won't matter if I'm winning and it doesn't really matter if I'm losing anyway.

No Veilers because there just aren't enough good target for the card in the OCG right now. Aside from maybe random Samurai ( this deck could take down samurai with 3 Signals without Darksoul ), Gadgets (with 3 MSTs ... really?) and Agents (2 or maybe 3 cards in the deck gets hit), there is no deck with a Veiler Target. This deck's number 1 enemy is Darkworld and Keepers, which I doubt Veiler does anything to.

Veiler just isn't good enough in the OCG, the only decks that mained it right now is Junk variants, and thats because they wanna play BLS.

Regigura is a boss. I don't think I'll ever play Sabers without it. I don't know why half the world plays sabers like BF, but to me, Sabers meant Faultroll Loop, THE END.

Hamster wasn't here before because I dislike Ryko in a control deck, but now I see him more than a recruiter, his better than the 3rd Emmersblade, HIS LEVEL 4!!! There will be times you need Hope to clear a path for you or you just need to stall a few turns. I don't wanna waste 2 Boggards on that. With a 1800 def, this thing is pretty much a wall.

Debris might sounds like a random card there for solely Black Rose, but I mainly made this deck to run 3 Emergency Calls, and sometimes, my only Saber is in the grave. Well, I took the 3 E Call out for second Call of the Haunted cause its just better, but that Debris is still helping out real good. An 2000 wall is good starting play, to bait out those Nobleman and stuff.

Enemy Controller cause I originally ran 3 Fullhelm and no Airbellum, but my pride doesn't allow me to do that, since Airbellum did fought along my side for years now, AND I did build sabers last year just for it. Controller is still good thou, monster Exceeds just made them better.

I cut Pot from 3 to 2, cause I draw into multiples a lot, not much aside from that.

I do run a high trap count for this format, but I don't necessary hate 1 for 1s, if I could bate a MST with a Mirror Force or Warning, that means my E Calls will less likely be MST targets. Note, I usually don't leave a Saber on the field unless necessary. And I felt that Bribe and Judgment are cards that you CAN'T set alone, it has to be there to protect something.

I've yet to build a side deck yet cause I'm not sure how the Malaysian meta looks like, although it most likely mirrors Japan's cause the winning decks over there right now doesn't need promos.

Have fun guys! Sorry for the lack of post last week. I planned to post quite a few times, but I deleted the post after typing halfway cause I don't feel like its quality material.

..

Oh yeah! New deck , DRAGONIC LEGION, cool name. Supports Light and Dark Dragons? We all know THE BEST support for Light and Dark Dragons is in the prison.

But I know I smell Red Eyes Darkness Metal in that deck, there is NO other Dark (or light) dragon of its caliber that has yet to be reprinted in the sad common non-foil state.


1 comment:

mike9944 said...

good lineup. my fixes:

-1 airbellum, +1 fullhelm thats all